MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT FOR THE AFRICAN NETWORK OF SWFL
The African network of SW Florida,(a 5013c) organization that strives to inspire and empower of African Diaspora residing in South West Florida to become an integral dynamic force in the socio-economic development of South West Florida.
1. We provide tools for assimilation of our members into the larger Southwest Florida community.
2. Knowing that we are stronger together, we inspire and provide support for each other to grow.
3. Inculcate in our members values that facilitate the recognition of the worth of every human being.
4. Through various educational and cultural activities, we educate the larger SW Florida community about what Africa and its people bring to the global arena.
Values and guiding principles
1. Respect for diversity and worth of all persons regardless of their background
2. Facilitating educational empowerment for self and others
3. Economic empowerment through support of business endeavors of our members
4. Community engagement through collaboration with other organizations in SW Florida
5. Providing connections between SW Floridians and people in the African continent
6. Social justice
7. Support and compassion for one another
8. Measuring success by how much we have assisted others to grow